Danielle Wendt is Good at Blogs

I really enjoyed going through Danielle's blog posts, and it definitely gave me ideas for my own. Danielle's blog is a lot more professional than mine - all of her titles are like titles of papers, for example: "Giving Kids Relatable Heroes: The Role of Tricksters" and "The Importance of Luck: An Analysis of the 'Rags to Riches' Motif". All of her blogs are long and descriptive, each having more than one paragraph. She frequently uses pictures, all of which are aesthetically pleasing and fit with what she's talking about in each paragraph. She also provides links to all of her pictures, citing where she got them. I think that this is a great idea and something I hadn't thought of; I will try to also do this in the future. In her most recent blog post, she discusses the psychology in fairy tale trickster stories, and how the role of the trickster figure helps children. She made excellent points about the powers of escapism and how stories can help children handle their emotions. She also made a comparison to David and Goliath when talking about "The Little Thumbling" which I thought was extremely smart!

In her second-most-recent blog about Dr. K'Olewe's lecture I learned a lot. I was sick so I was unable to come to class that day, so reading her blog about his lecture was really interesting. She was so descriptive that I felt like I was at the lecture. It was interesting how she compared and contrasted Western and Kenyan tales. In her third blog post she talked a lot about popular culture and Cindrella, mentioning Another Cinderella Story (which is a movie I LOVE) and how the different Cinderella stories have slightly different meanings, and are problematic in different ways. I thought it was cool that we both talked about how success is subjective and that in Pretty Woman Vivian is not striving to be more successful, but that her definition of success changes. I also loved the footnote! So professional!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Turtle and The Swan

Rugrats, Different Cultures, and Little Red Riding Hood

This Class, Goals, and Fairy Tales