Reflections on the Class


Over the course of this semester I have learned so much in all of my classes, and though it has been difficult some of the things that I have learned will follow me for the rest of my life. Looking back, I wish I hadn’t taken as many intensive classes during this semester so that I could have focused more on this class, because it was one of the more interesting classes I took this semester. I thought the multicultural approach to the class was particularly interesting, and I wish we had learned more about culture and the zeitgeist of each of the stories, being one who loves history and learning how cultural ideas and stories are created and developed.



I think this class has both tied in a lot to what I have learned in English but also taught me something new. I never knew there was this whole realm of research done on fairy tales and psychology applied to it. I think I learned a lot about other cultures and how their tales influence culture. I also learned how fairy tales influence our culture even today from movies to music.

I think this class, though not hard overall, had some difficult moments. I’m a very visual learner, so having classes where everything was discussion was difficult for me. I loved when we made drawings or diagrams, and I thought the student presentations were especially interesting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Turtle and The Swan

Rugrats, Different Cultures, and Little Red Riding Hood

This Class, Goals, and Fairy Tales